Did you know?
By 2050, it’s estimated that there will be more plastic in our oceans than fish? The impact on fish will inevitably affect the entire ecosystem.
So what can you do to help prevent ocean pollution?
- Join a river or beach cleanup in your community
- Commit to picking up 5 pieces of trash or recycling per day
- Reduce or eliminate the use of harmful garden fertilizers
- Reduce plastic consumption by switching to reusable bags
- Properly dispose of waste
- Do your part to support sustainable fishing
Large-scale commercial fishing can harm whales through bycatch and through depletion of fish in the ecosystem. By purchasing sustainable seafood, you can help prevent further harm to whales.
2020 will mark the amazing 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Join us this year as we commit to setting higher goals for our staff to achieve greater things for our community and our environment. Have you made a personal commitment to protecting the environment? We want to hear about it!
Happy Earth Day, let’s do this!