Get the Ecofish advantage, better results for your project and the environment.
We help the Santo Antonio hydroelectric project mitigate effects on giant migratory catfish by numerical modelling of ova, larvae drift and adult movement in the Madeira River, one of the world’s most ecologically productive and diverse habitats.
- Client: Santo Antonio Energia
- Location: Madeira River, Brazilian Amazon
- Duration: 2010 to 2013
- The Challenge: Maintaining effective fish passage past the facility.
We provided scientific and technical expertise to support the development of the Kokish River hydroelectric facility from the environmental assessment stage through to operational monitoring
- Client: Kwagis Power Limited Partnership
- Location: Port McNeill, Vancouver Island
- Duration: 2008 - ongoing
- The Challenge: Completing the aquatic and riparian environmental impact assessment for the Kokish River Hydroelectric Project, located in a sensitive watershed downstream of Ida Lake and the East Fork of the Kokish River
We developed models to help the BC Government more accurately estimate water availability in particular watersheds to enable them to better allocate water resources in BC
- Client: Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
- Location: BC Lower Mainland
- Duration: 2015
- The Challenge: Estimating water availability for a particular watershed given the potentially conflicting water uses, varied physical characteristics, diverse hydrology, and seasonal variables
Following the destruction of key spawning habitat, we volunteered professional resources to help restore the habitat
- Client: Mossom Creek Hatchery
- Location: Port Moody, Vancouver Lower Mainland
- Duration: 2015 - 2016
- The Challenge: Restoring key spawning habitat following high flood flows